Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 1 - because you've got to start somewhere.

My name is Hayley. I'm messy, unorganized, and impatient, and that's okay. I love traveling the world and sharing stories. This is my 30 day blog challenge. In essence, I want to get in the habit of writing down my thoughts and inspirations daily. Alors, allons-y!

Today, I've been thinking about joy, gratitude, and courage.

Joy. There's a jar of Nutella on my bedside table this morning. Talk about joy! For me, joy isn't made up of landmark moments of life but composed of all the little things that we stop and take notice of. Other components of my joy this week: bubble baths, adventures with my parents, clean laundry, beautiful weather! Google baby sloths. Boom. Instant joy.

Is it weird that Nutella is what reminded me to choose joy today?
Gratitude. Name five things you are thankful for daily. Take a mental note or write it down. The point is to practice gratitude, and gratitude takes practice. I am not naturally full of gratitude. Can I just say I'm extremely grateful for a summer at home with my dad? He is crazy!

Courage. This is tough. This is hard for me. I don't mean skydiving or that thing where the Redbull guy jumped out in space and fell to the earth. (Although that is completely badass. You should do that if you get the chance.) What I mean is act where courage applies to your life today. Apologize, make a move, step outside of your comfort zone. If we approach uncomfortable moments with an ounce of courage, big things can happen. So wear those green pants if you wanna. You're out of control, and everyone loves that about you!

Musical inspiration today: John Mayer's "Paper Doll" and The Neighbourhood's "Sweater Weather"



à bientôt

2 comments: